William Charles Construction
We are building the connection between people and places, with a solid reputation as a leader in the construction of rail and intermodal projects across the country. Our projects range in scope from the construction of an intermodal yard in the Midwest, a large capacity improvement project in the Southwest, and jobs of all sizes in between throughout the US. Our employees are at the forefront of our achievements, enabling us to seek out innovative, exciting and challenging opportunities to continue growing — and we want you to be a part of it!
We are looking for a Project Superintendent who will oversee field operations of projects, including subcontractors. In this role, you will…
- Work with estimating, purchasing, accounting and project management on all aspects of project start-up and preconstruction planning
- Monitor project schedule and daily production goals
- Schedule labor for all field jobs, track and approve hours for payroll, communicate and enforce policies/procedures, and approve time-off requests
- Coordinate site personnel assignment of work
- Understand labor contracts and act as the contact person for union representative (when applicable)
- Work with Site Safety Director to manage the site safety program
- Discuss project problems with Project Managers and assist in finding resolutions to issues
- Monitor expenses to ensure budget compliance
- Track inventory of supplies and materials
- Assist with all aspects of project close out
We strive to provide an atmosphere that fosters innovation, integrity and professional development, while helping to support a healthy work-life balance.
- Paid home time every other weekend
- Big projects, small team atmosphere
- Room for personal and professional growth
- Excellent benefit package
- Exciting projects
William Charles Ltd. is committed to offering equal employment opportunities to women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities and any other protected status. We are proud of our commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment and have a program in place for an effective Affirmative Action Plan.