William Charles Construction
We are building the connection between people and places. Roads and Highways are at the core of the services William Charles Construction provides for the northern Illinois region. Not only have we successfully completed road and highway work throughout our region, we also built the much of the original infrastructure since our formation in 1942. No job is too small or too large and we approach each road and highway project with strict attention to rigorous safety standards, high quality, and solid professionalism. That’s why we need you.
Our Project Managers are crucial to the success of our projects.
- Complete all project start-up functions including a review of the bid, setting of the schedule, review of the project specifications and all other pre-construction work
- Work with Estimator and Project Accountant to prepare and monitor cost estimates, budgets, and accounts payable and receivable schedules
- Work with Legal to interpret and explain contracts and technical information to other professionals
- Monitor and report work progress and budget matters to leadership, subcontractors, and clients
- Select subcontractors and schedule/coordinate their activities
- Oversee the implementation of a safety program on all job sites, under the direction of the Site Safety Director
- And Much More!
Why are we a different kind of construction company?
- Based in Northern Illinois, with minimal travel
- Big projects, small team atmosphere
- Room for personal and professional growth
- Excellent benefit package
William Charles Ltd. is committed to offering equal employment opportunities to women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities and any other protected status. We are proud of our commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment and have a program in place for an effective Affirmative Action Plan.